Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sew What?

Hello ladies, I'm back with more updates about my wedding planning. The many ongoing adventures thereof.

This past Sunday was my birthday and my future grandmother-in-law, Mimi, gave me a fabulous gift. It's something I've been wanting a very long time. She gave me a brand new Singer sewing machine. I was thrilled but let me tell you getting it up and running properly was a terribly difficult process to master. I haven't sewed since I took Home Ec and that was 10 years ago!

I'm going to start small but the reason I bring this up is because I know in my previous post I showed you a skirt with many ruffles worn by Amy Lee (of Evanescence). I love that skirt but don't know where I could find it to purchase. Instead of having a seller on Etsy make me one and charging me nearly double the cost of materials for labor (which I don't mind them doing, by the way, etsy sellers have to earn a buck some way) I decided that I'm going to try my hand at making my own skirt.

I found this tutorial to make this skirt:

Photobucket

The tutorial is easy to follow and maybe I won't get it on the first try but it's really a beautiful skirt and I think it would go well with the corset I posted in my previous post.

I have a year and two months til my wedding! I'm going to give myself a good 6 months to make the above skirt. If I'm unable to accomplish the making, I'll just order a skirt from the internet.

Though wouldn't it be grand to say I made part of my wedding dress?

No comments:

Post a Comment