Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Crisis Averted - One Of Many To Come, I'm Sure

So after freaking out last night and trying to convince Derek to elope for like the second time, we talked about not inviting anyone but our wedding party and close family. It made me feel like an asshole though. I was just so overwhelmed. Today we had dinner with Mimi and Papa and I was talking to her about it. I was like "We just can't afford this" and she pointed out some simple fixes like - we don't have to have a reception dinner. We can just do cake and punch with finger foods. We don't have to go all out and make some extravagant thing happen. I really don't know why I had it in my brain that we HAD to do things a certain way. I've been reading too many wedding websites or something. I feel a lot better about inviting the people I care about seeing there on my day.

Then she asked me (after everyone else had left) if we had decided on a honeymoon yet. I wish my tag line wasn't "We don't know how much money we're going to have" but we're not wealthy. She then said, "I was thinking of giving you a trip to Disney World". I nearly cried. Honestly, I've never had the luxury of going to many theme parks. I went to Busch Gardens once when I was 12 and Opryland when I was like 13 or so. My parents didn't have the money for stuff like that. Derek went to Disney World many times with Mimi and Papa when he was a kid. So that was super cool news.

I sent her an email after we got home of all the ideas I had for the wedding. It was really long. When I got a reply back it was excited and full of helpfulness. I loved seeing her so enthused. :) She made me remember my excitement for this wedding. I'm back on track. So glad I talked to her today.

No comments:

Post a Comment