Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Wedding Band

I found an inexpensive wedding band that's beautiful! We've not purchased it yet. With my car insurance coming up this week we can't afford to but it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. It was just such a nice coincidence because I sorta settled on a ring that I didn't really like all that much and I don't know why I thought I wanted it. It's ugly and not me at all. It was also $400.

I got on Facebook this morning and an old friend of mine had posted about a company her family started called Something Sterling. I liked this person a lot back when we hung out together. She was kind of a flakey friend though, showing up when she felt like it and not at all sometimes. Which is why I think I was a bit skeptical going into a site she said was partly her creation but man, some of this jewelry is really gorgeous and low cost! Of course it's basically CZ stones and sterling silver with rhodium plating (though they do/will make items in gold - white or yellow - and with diamonds) but I don't need anything overly costly to prove something to people. I just want it to be pretty and made well.

In talking to her she told me they'll service my ring for the entirety of owning it. Plus, if you sign up at a member you get member prices. Right now membership is free because of it being a fledgling company/site but the free membership is just a limited time thing. Soon it will be $50, but even if you aren't a member the cost of the items is still relatively low. I'm not trying to be a shill or anything. I'm just really excited about this ring! I'll definitely let you all know if we get it and it's horrible. I just have a good feeling about it.

Photobucket


This is the one. I'm sure you may recall how much I loved the pink coral inlay on the titanium ring that they were unable to make smaller, this reminded me so much of that ring. I was so in love with having a pink wedding band and now it's a reality again - without breaking the bank! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment